[TowerTalk] Screwdriver driver antenna

To: TowerTalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Screwdriver driver antenna
From: Michael Dinkelman <mwdink@eskimo.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 14:38:39 -0700
OK - this is only LOOSELY associated with antennas but I'm
asking for a friend.

Friend has a screwdriver type antenna.

Instructions say not to leave a SWR meter in-line between the
rig and the antenna and to use the rig's built-in SWR
meter when tuning antenna. The rig doesn't have a built-in SWR
meter and he can't get a hold of their "technical" support to
ask why. I maintain that it isn't an issue, he can leave the
SWR meter in-line.

I figure they just don't want to bother with explaining the
complexities of using an external meter (OMG! - FORWARD SET)
and how the power fold back circuits may necessitate him to
incrementally reset the meter as he tunes the coil.

Anything I am missing here?

73
dink, n7wa