Re: [TowerTalk] Broadband Sloper

To: "Marinus Loewensteijn" <zl2ml@hotmail.com>, "TowerTalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Broadband Sloper
From: "W5CPT" <w5cpt@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 21:01:43 -0500
In the ARRL Antenna Book, 17th edition, the antenna you are interested is
explained on pages 4-16 to 4-18.  It is called the K0EOU Broadband Sloper. I
became interested in it because the author claims that great height is not
required. I emailed K0EOU and asked a few questions on how it worked and he
said there was great speculation on how and why the angle of radiation is so
low.  I will forward my email to Greg and his reply to anyone considering this
antenna.

I am still considering it. (translation  = I have not gotten off my lazy butt
and built one yet)

Clint - W5CPT