[TowerTalk] rusted spots on tower

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] rusted spots on tower
From: kr2q@optimum.net
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 16:14:40 +0000 (GMT)
Hi all,

I have a pair of crank-up towers that are over 25 years old each.  I only crank
them up
-down rarely...perhaps twice a year each.

Some of the "overlap" points have had the galvanization knocked off over the
decades
and those areas (no more than 12 inches long by 1" wide) are rusting.  The
towers are
in good shape, other than those few, small areas.  The rust is not
"dripping"...just on the
surface (at least it looks that way).

Any suggestions on how to clean them up (remove rust) and protect them moving
forward?
Just rustoleum?

Thanks!
de Doug KR2Q