Re: [TowerTalk] SixPak Problems?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] SixPak Problems?
From: "Dale Martin" <kg5u@hal-pc.org>
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2008 20:34:47 -0500

The 'problem' with listgroups is that a problem gets wide airing and
distribution, but success does not--it just keeps working quietly and
without fanfare.

I bought a Six-Pak about four or five years ago.  It's been a real
performer.

Except for one one week period... When I built and installed my first
homebrew SO2R control box, I made the mistake of powering it with a wall
wart and, of course, the sixpak AND two Dunestar 600 BPFs.  That problem was
quickly resolved once I took power from a 'real' power supply.  Through
three wholly new homebrew SO2R controller designs, I haven't had any
switching problems with the Six-Pak or the Dunestars.

73,
dale, kg5u