Re: [TowerTalk] Guying a self-supporter

To: "Towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Guying a self-supporter
From: "Tom Osborne" <w7why@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2008 20:02:09 -0800
Hi Steve

I guess everyone would have to see my tower to believe it.

I have a 32 foot 2 section crank up.  The base has 1 bag of cement.

I had the welder at work make a house bracket for me.  It is held to the
side of the shack with 2 lag screws, screwed into a 4 x 12.  The tower is
held to this bracket by 4 stainless steel hose clamps.  When it is cranked
up I guy it with rope.

I can get to the antenna by stepping onto the tower from the shack roof when
it is retracted.  The antenna is only about 6 feet above the roof.

It has been up now for about 15 years.  I've had an A3, TH-3, 3 element 20
meter yagi, 2 el quad and now a 2 el 20 meter monobander.  I did have the 2
el 20 and 2 el 10 meter monobanders stacked on it 'til 10 crapped out.   73
Tom W7WHY