Re: [TowerTalk] bIG ANTENNA PROBLEM

To: jpk5lad@cox.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] bIG ANTENNA PROBLEM
From: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 20:18:52 -0500
Greetings Jim -- I enjoyed the story about your 80 meter
antenna, and especially appreciate the advice to quit burying
about what does not work, and focus on what does.  Just put
up the best antenna you can, and make contacts.  Great advice.

As a fairly new operator, many older hams tell me what will
not work, and all the reasons why -- but very few of them are
really helpful, by telling me what will work in my situation.   Your
advice is the right advice, hang the best antenna you can, and
start making contacts -- even if you make fewer contacts than
the guy next door --  just do the best you can, and enjoy it.

Conversely, I do not accept the notion that your 80 m antenna
is the best antenna you could have at your location.   I suspect
there multiple ways you could improve your antenna and make
even more contacts.

Great piece, however.

Happy trails and 73.    ----  Richards - K8JHR ----