[TowerTalk] Butternut HF2-V Tuniing

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Butternut HF2-V Tuniing
From: "Larry & Karen" <k0is@iowatelecom.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2008 16:23:38 -0600
I know this isn't probably the proper reflector, but with all the experience
here I thought I'd ask my question here. I have a new Butternut HF2-V which has
been working great on 80/40 meters tuned on both bands for a nice low SWR Now
I've added the 30 meter kit and of course this detuned those two bands. I don't
feel the instructions provided with the kit give much in the way of an actual
procedure and with so many variables, such as coil lengths, shorting taps, etc.
where's the best place to start. There's considerable interaction between band
settings. Start at the high band, low band....? Any help would be
appreciated.....or is it just plain a difficult procedure with this antenna?
Thanks all.

Larry  K0IS