Re: [TowerTalk] Vertical on a chain link fence

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Vertical on a chain link fence
From: "Larry" <lknain@nc.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2008 18:42:35 -0500
I ran an HF6V (with 160 coil) on a 4 foot chain link fence for CQWW one year
and it worked quite well despite the fact that the base of the antenna and
top of the fence were about 5 feet below a road bed less than 15 feet away -
sort of in a hole. The fence ran about 50 feet parallel to the road and 25
feet perpendicular to the road in another direction. The antenna was mounted
at a fence corner. I did OK in the contest at about 1K QSOs. (QTH in NC).

A ground mounted HF6V did well for me as well when I was in CA.

73, Larry W6NWS