[TowerTalk] Survey

To: "towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Survey
From: "Its from Onion" <aredandgold@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 19:59:04 -0600
Rob / K5UJ,

Oh contrar, I gave you everything you need to answer the question.

I said what antenna would YOU put up.  Its up to YOU to decide what bands you
want to work,
and what bands you want to have.  I would have have something that would be
directional on 75 meters
BUT, that's ME.

What would YOU have?

Its just a fun question, so please don't go all Sigmund on us.
Its not ment to be a "well thought out question", but really it is.

73,
Lee
KE4VYN

Message: 4
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 17:35:53 -0600
From: "Rob Atkinson" <ranchorobbo@gmail.com<about:blank>>

I'm sorry Lee; I can't answer because in its current form your survey
is not well thought out.

For one thing, you should include the band(s) you are interested in.

Obviously an antenna for 160 m. is not going to be the "dream" antenna
if you had six meters or the high HF bands in mind.

I can't read your mind.  You have to tell me the band or bands you are
surveying.

Your second question asks what antenna if money were a limiting factor
but you don't say what the monetary limit is.  It's impossible to
answer.

You say you don't want anyone to say 20 SteppIRs at 300 feet but maybe
that's what someone would get if space, land, and money were not
limiting factors.  It could be a reasonable and powerful system
(however I would prefer three dipole curtains, each with around 60
dipoles in parallel suspended vertically in front of a screen between
two towers).

73

rob / k5uj