Re: [TowerTalk] Survey

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Survey
From: "Rob Atkinson" <ranchorobbo@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 17:35:53 -0600
I'm sorry Lee; I can't answer because in its current form your survey
is not well thought out.

For one thing, you should include the band(s) you are interested in.

Obviously an antenna for 160 m. is not going to be the "dream" antenna
if you had six meters or the high HF bands in mind.

I can't read your mind.  You have to tell me the band or bands you are
surveying.

Your second question asks what antenna if money were a limiting factor
but you don't say what the monetary limit is.  It's impossible to
answer.

You say you don't want anyone to say 20 SteppIRs at 300 feet but maybe
that's what someone would get if space, land, and money were not
limiting factors.  It could be a reasonable and powerful system
(however I would prefer three dipole curtains, each with around 60
dipoles in parallel suspended vertically in front of a screen between
two towers).

73

rob / k5uj

Just two question with no explanations.

If money, land or space was no object what type of antenna would you own?

If only money was a object, what type?

Please, this is to find out what you want and maybe?, what you have so nothing
like 20 StepperIR's 300 feet tall.

If you have a link to it, maybe included.
Just for fun, so play nice.

73,
Lee
KE4VYN