Re: [TowerTalk] Tram Coax

To: "Roger (K8RI)" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tram Coax
From: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2008 00:16:35 -0500
THANKS ROGER --- I will contact Davis RF -- they have a good
reputation, although I have had very good luck with DX Engineering
so I like to go with what I know works... but Mr. Davis has posted
here often, and is often quite helpful, so I will give them a try.

Hope you can find you snow shovel soon enough.
WE had a record snowfall of 10.2 inches at Grand Rapids
Friday, and expect more through Monday evening.  Looks like you
had close to that much, yourself, and the report says you are likely
to get 4-6 more tomorrow.

Be sure to SHARE the shoveling duties with the XYL ... don't
keep all the fun to yourself.  And don't try to do it all at once.

Thanks for the uptake on the stripper tools - I will head that way
and research the same.  Trying to cut this stuff by hand really
sucks - very difficult not to cut the braid as I strip the outer jacket.
I hate to spend $50 on a tool I so rarely use, but I will if it means
doing the job right.   I am surprised that more local clubs don't
have an equipment bank... but having written joint operating and
partnership agreements for buys with planes and boats, I guess
I really understand why this is so rare...  that is the quickest way
to kill a friendship!   But ... still...

Happy trails and stay warm.