Re: [TowerTalk] Low Band Verticals (again)

To: Larry Comden <lcomden@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Low Band Verticals (again)
From: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2008 18:36:44 -0500
I would try the Inverted L, but long enough to do 160 as my
first option.

I would add the wire to the top of the vertical and tune away
with a big tuner  (after cutting for best length of the horiz length)
and I MIGHT consider allowing the horoz element to slope down
to be anchored with a ground stake (utilizing a good length of
rope and end insulator so it does not end up too close to the
ground)

I also like Option 2 on your list.

IN ANY CASE -- I would use some lightweight rope guys to
offset the stress and pressure of the horizontal L component(s)

I have a 43 foot monopole... and have been considering similar
options...   I agree the options you list are more tasty than trying
to set up a trap-style vertical on site, and get it tuned...

WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING FOR RADIALS ON FIELD DAY?
I RECOMMEND AT LEAST 16 40 FOOT RADIALS AT MINIMUM.

Just MY take.

===========  Richards - K8JHR  ============