Re: [TowerTalk] Low Band Verticals (again)

To: "'Larry Comden'" <lcomden@verizon.net>, "'TowerTalk'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Low Band Verticals (again)
From: "Barry Merrill" <barry@mxg.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2008 02:32:06 -0600
I had pretty good success in the Stew Perry on 160 feeding my 43-foot Zero Five,
adding a 90-foot wire from it's tip to the top of my 33 foot BigIR, with the
"horizontal" wire more of a "U" than horizontal, dropping to about 25 feet in
the center.

I used only the tuner in the ICOM 756 III and could match the Inverted L on 160
thru 20.

The BigIR motor is broken, but I had maually forced the conductor to it's full
33
foot length, and I compared it with the 160 L during the RAC on Saturday, and
it was slightly better on 20 and 40 than the Inverted L, but not so much so
that
I couldn't use the Inverted L on 160 and 40 and 20.  I didn't try either antenna
on 80.

73

Barry, EI/W5GN