Re: [TowerTalk] What info did you receive with your new tower?

To: "Richard (Rick) Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] What info did you receive with your new tower?
From: jimlux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2009 16:14:06 -0800
Richard (Rick) Karlquist wrote:
> Alan NV8A wrote:
>
> US Tower shows the wrong anchor bolt size for the HDX5106.  I wasted
> $500 buying the wrong bolts; fortunately I discovered this before
> pouring the cement.  (I imagine UST would say that I should have
> purchased the bolts from them.  There is also the previously discussed
> issue of J-bolts vs the bolts-with-washers as supplied by UST).

> Also,
> the calcs have numerous obvious errors in them.

Really? I'm curious what sort of errors (e.g. wrong equation, arithmetic
errors, wrong properties, calculations for another model, etc.)?

I suppose this is why some jurisdictions want a local P.E. to sign off.
Presumably, the Engineer would review the calculations and find the
errors, earning their fee<grin>..

Jim