Re: [TowerTalk] 80M Inverted L using 43 foot vertical ?

To: robertsmg@aol.com, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 80M Inverted L using 43 foot vertical ?
From: <ai2n@twcny.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2009 19:24:40 -0500
Hi Gavin.

I put up 40' of 1-7/8" + 2" aluminum tubing and hooked a 40' wire to the top,
trimming to get the SWR where I wanted it (not too much trimming was needed;
sorry, but I didn't measure).  60 short buried radials, hairpin (inductive)
match.  60' wide city lot, houses all around.

I did CQWW CW as single band 80 HP and got 89 countries.  MUCH better than with
my low dipole.

73, Redd - AI2N