Re: [TowerTalk] 80M Inverted L using 43 foot vertical ?

To: <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 80M Inverted L using 43 foot vertical ?
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 01:58:35 -0000
The proposed antenna should work well, much better that the 43 footer with
no top loading.  I would start with about 25 feet wire, but that's just a
guess.  You can connect the end to your tower as you suggested, or run it
down toward the ground, it really doesn't matter.  You should be able to
directly feed the vertical with a good SWR and you want a perfect match you
can add a hairpin coil at the vertical base and shorten the top wire a
little.

73,
John