[TowerTalk] Modeling program for Folded Unipole antenna?s

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Modeling program for Folded Unipole antenna?s
From: John King <k5pgw@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 06:05:48 -0800 (PST)
Does anyone know of or have access to a modeling program for a Folded Unipole
Antenna for 160 and/or 80 meters?

I have a GROUNDED 130 foot Rohn 25 tower with nothing on top of it. The guys
are broken up with insulators.

I am thinking of not putting anything on top of it and using it as a folded
unipole or maybe a shunt fed antenna. I think the folded unipole with three
wires, one on each face, approximately 3 feet from  the tower would be easier
to feed.

I have the tower and instead of taking it down, why not use it. I am
considering putting my 2 element Quad on a 51 foot motorized, crank up, tilt
over tower. With hurricane winds each summer, here in Louisiana, I am convinced
to keep the HF antennas closer to the ground. Recently losing two five element
monoband beams that were over 100 feet up made it clear to me that lower was
best for HF antennas. Thanks and 73, John, K5PGW