Re: [TowerTalk] Springs for erecting loops nd dipoles

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Springs for erecting loops nd dipoles
From: W2RU - Bud Hippisley <W2RU@frontiernet.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 23:59:01 -0500
On Jan 26, 2009, at 11:30 PM, John King wrote:

> Has anyone found an appropriate spring for protecting dipoles when
> the supports such as trees sway? Maybe a name hardware supplier has
> such a spring?

I've used a garage door spring on my 80-meter dipole for about a
decade now.  Seems to do a good job, although I have plain old #10
copper wire so it's possible I now have a 90-meter dipole....

My local ACE Hardware store carries three different sizes.  I chose
the one that seemed to me to require about the same amount of muscle
to spread the coils as I needed to pull my dipole up the final few feet.

Bud, W2RU