Re: [TowerTalk] Best coax strippers?

To: yeilg@aol.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Best coax strippers?
From: "Darrel J. Van Buer" <darrel@vanbuer.net>
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2009 21:50:50 -0800
Paladin CST Vario is heavily adjustable for all of
coax diameter (.1 to .4 inch)
depth of cuts
positions of cuts
number of cuts (1 to 3).
It's also expensive enough (around $80) to be able to afford a handful
of special purpose strippers, especially if you consider the time to
adjust it for each change of coax.
I use one occasionally, mostly to deal with crimp connectors with
oddball strip spacing, and Japanese metric sized coax.
But for everyday 58, 59 and RG-8-like I mostly use the cheap one-size
only ones.

  Darrel AK6I

yeilg@aol.com wrote:
> Hi,? I am looking for the best, preferably one step, strippers .... one tool
> that will do small coax (RG-58 etc)???AND ?large (Bury-Flex, LMR-400,
> etc.)?AND for both UHF and N connectors. ? I have heard that there is one out
> there that does all of these vs. having to have 2 or more tools.? Any help
> appreciated.???Thanks !,?George,?soon to become a K7??

Darrel J. Van Buer, AK6I
darrel@vanbuer.net