Re: [TowerTalk] Tailtwister not turning, still

To: "Towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tailtwister not turning, still
From: "Jim Hargrave" <w5ifp@gvtc.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 02:58:12 -0000
 >This is why I'm wearing out thrust bearings.

Well Roger,

Nice photo, but If you would climb down from the tower, it would not be so
heavy...(:->
Sorry I couldn't resist.

I don't even use a thrust bearing. I have the rotor at the 3-4 ft level at
the base of the tower and I fully support the water pipe mast and the
antennas with Stainless steel aircraft cables and I have a slip joint on the
rotor end. The whole assembly is suspended by the aircraft cables.

   * 73's Jim W5IFP *