[TowerTalk] tower resonances

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] tower resonances
From: John King <k5pgw@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 08:41:50 -0800 (PST)
I have been reading, at first, then deleting subsequent posts, regarding tower
resonances. I have a 130 foot plus grounded tower with guys broken up by
insulators, with NO antennas on top. I WAS going to feed it on 160 meters, but
have now decided to take it down and give it to a friend because after reading
how complicated a tower can be, I think it is a job for an E. E. with specialty
in towers, trees, air, clouds and dirt!!

My mere First Class Radiotelephone License, now a General Radiotelephone
License, obviously doesn't qualify me to work with naked towers in Amateur
Service. I am very disappointed that I will not be able to use my tower because
of my ignorance and lack of experience after being licensed for over 50 years
as an AMATEUR. Best Wishes to those who are competent to resonate a tower in
amateur service. John, K5PGW