[TowerTalk] THANKS Re: Ham M rotor freezing to accessory shelf

To: towertalk reflector <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] THANKS Re: Ham M rotor freezing to accessory shelf
From: Paul Kelley N1BUG <paul.kelley.n1bug@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 17:44:02 -0500
Thanks for all the replies to this!

All these years I somehow managed to not hear about this issue,
which it turns out is very common. Most suggested spacers under the
rotor, along the lines I was thinking. Several folks also suggested
preventing water from running down the mast by putting a roof flange
on the mast above the rotor or covering the rotor in some way. I
will add spacers as soon as I am able to get up there. It is always
a fairly thin layer of ice, so getting the rotor up off the shelf a
bit should prevent the ice from preventing rotation.

73,
Paul N1BUG