Re: [TowerTalk] THANKS Re: Ham M rotor freezing to accessory shelf

To: "Paul Kelley N1BUG" <paul.kelley.n1bug@gmail.com>, "towertalk reflector" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] THANKS Re: Ham M rotor freezing to accessory shelf
From: "Larry WA9VRH" <wa9vrh@dishmail.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 18:09:09 -0600
Hi Paul,

Hy-Gain did have a spacer available to get the rotor higher off the shelf.
It mainly was for being able to connect the rotor wires without having lift
the rotor. Also kept it off the shelf for the issue that you have

>From Norm's rotor service:

      Tower spacer plate for Hy-gain rotors...allows connection to 8 screw
terminal strip  by raising rotor off tower plate    TSP-1 - $34.95

Four large nuts or x number of washers would do the same thing.

A toilet plunger with the center hole made larger makes a good rain cap for
the mast pipe.

73 Larry WA9VRH