Re: [TowerTalk] mast material

To: "Dave Johnson" <djohnson@windstream.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] mast material
From: "Rick Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2009 15:57:28 -0800 (PST)
Dave Johnson wrote:
> Tony, I know this has been said before but be sure you get 2" tubing not
> 2"
> pipe.  Tubing is measured in outside diameter and pipe is in inside
> diameter.  Also, be sure it is 6061-T6 alloy.  Some other grades of

No, pipe is not measured by inside diameter.  Pipe is also measured in
outside diameter.  However, the pipe comes in a nominal "iron pipe size"
that corresponds to a specific outside diameter that is different from the
nominal size.  For example, 2 inch iron pipe size has an outside
diameter of 2 3/8 inch.  The inside diameter varies depending on
which schedule is used, but never equals 2 inches.

Rick N6RK