Re: [TowerTalk] Tennadyne?

To: r young <ryoung158@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tennadyne?
From: "R. Kevin Stover" <rkstover@mchsi.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2009 10:10:49 -0600
I think you'll be happier with a T-8 or 10.

I've been going back and forth between the SteppIR and the T-10 for a
few months now. I've decided I'm willing to give up a dB or two in
forward gain and FB to not have to deal with the mechanical reliability
issues.

I've been monitoring the SteppIR Yahoo group for some time now and the
antenna either works great, best thing since sliced bread, or it's a
mechanical nightmare requiring multiple trips up and down the tower to
swap out motor units, replace blown driver chips in the controller, etc....

If you're going to pay that kind of money for an antenna it should work
first time, every time, and NOT be dependent on whether you got the
right color of drive shaft in the EHU's or not.

$1700 (all in) for a three element antenna?

--
R. Kevin Stover, ACØH