Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna Analyzer Suggestions Solicited

To: "'RICHARD SOLOMON'" <w1ksz@q.com>, "'TowerTalk'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna Analyzer Suggestions Solicited
From: "W5LT" <W5LT@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2009 15:55:38 -0600
I would recommend the AIM-4170 from Array Solutions. It is a bit more than
your target, but you get a  lot more too.
I have one and it provides a lot of information about your antenna(s).
I have used it to characterize my 80m sloper and provide data for a first
time success providing a switch box and loading coil to operate it on 160m.
Also to determine the Z at my 30m SteppIR dipole from 200 ft away.

Find out more at:
http://www.arraysolutions.com/Products/AIM4170B.htm#top%20of%20page

I also have the CIA HF which costs more and does not do half the job of the
AIM.

GL es 73s

Bob, W5LT