[TowerTalk] Antenna Analyzer Suggestions Solicited

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Antenna Analyzer Suggestions Solicited
From: "Phil & Debbie Salas" <dpsalas@tx.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 14:43:49 -0600
I used an MFJ-259B for a long time (probably 10 years) and it served me
well.  However, a couple of years ago I bought an Array Solutions AIM4170.
This is a lab-grade instrument which really spoiled me.  If you are an ARRL
member, you can read the August 2007 QST review on this.  The disadvantage
of this analyzer is that you must have a laptop to use with it, so it is not
as convenient as you'd like if you do a lot of measuring/adjustments right
at the antenna.  Another excellant analyzer instrument is the RixExpert
AA-200.  I also have one of these (also available from Array Solutions), and
it is great for carrying around.  QST had a review on the AA-200 in the Aug
2008 QST.  My AIM4170 is a permanent fixture in my home electronics lab, and
the AA-200 is my carry-around analyzer.  I'd highly recommend either (or
both) of these analyzers.

Phil - AD5X