Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna Analyzer Suggestions Solicited

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna Analyzer Suggestions Solicited
From: Steve Hunt <steve@karinya.net>
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2009 13:17:52 +0000
I have the MFJ259B and the Palstar ZM30. These are what I see as the
relative advantages:

ZM30
* Better constructed
* More frequency stable - synthesized
* Field programmable for software updates

MFJ
* Wider frequency range
* Analogue meters are more useful for some operations
* Returns to the previous frequency when switched off and on.

Next purchase will likely be the AIM 4170, but I will probably use it as
a "bench instrument" rather than something to use out in the antenna field.

Steve G3TXQ