[TowerTalk] Antenna Analyzer Suggestions Solicited

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Antenna Analyzer Suggestions Solicited
From: "Phil & Debbie Salas" <dpsalas@tx.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2009 05:44:43 -0600
"Just triggered a nit pick hot button for me... "lab-grade"... what EXACTLY
does that mean?"

Well, to me it means similar in accuracy to the kind of equipment I used in
the RF lab back in my working days.  If you take a look at the ARRL review,
they found the AMI4170 to have "exceptional" accuracy comnpared it to their
Agilent 4291B impedance analyzer.  And they also went back and re-checked
their reference loads because the AIM4170 was giving better results than the
Agilent at some impedances.

For what it does and for the types of measurements I make, I consider the
AIM4170 to be "lab grade".  But maybe my definition isn't accurate.  I have
been wrong before (at least that's what my XYL says)!

Phil - AD5X