To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TowerTalk Digest, Vol 75, Issue 18
From: "John Lyles" <jtml@losalamos.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2009 14:15:11 -0700
The OIB-2 is kind of rare. It is the HF version of the Delta OIB-1 and -3,
which are the industry standard for MW broadcast tower tuning (until last year
when Kintronics started selling the industrial version of the AIM). It works in
the presence of RF power, such as adjacent transmitting towers. Delta made them
for HF broadcasters and for DOD back in the day. QST printed an article on
building a copy of one, search for  the Operating Impedance Bridge.

They have hand engraved X and R knobs, so the accuracy was very good. No
microprocessor, and better yet, no power source, passive only. One can be
carried to the top of a tower, not like an 8751 or 8753 VNA.

73
John
K5PRO
Santa Fe county, New Mexico