Re: [TowerTalk] How close?

To: RICHARD SOLOMON <w1ksz@q.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] How close?
From: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 01:27:36 -0400
Gee... Rudy was not all that negative... he just told him it would
be "depressing" --- and I agree.    That seems mighty close
not to couple.

So... I suppose Pete has some research to do.   To see just
how much it detunes his big stick vertical... and what he might
be able to do to offset the same... and maybe work harder to
re-locate it, perhaps, or try some other fix to minimize the
prospect for depression.    Damage control....  I think that is
in order.

But Rudy did not say impossible or give up... just that it might
have a seriously deleterious effect.

Can we point him to some research or guidance on how to
minimize coupling with the tower?   Maybe some adjustments
he can make to find resonance elsewhere than where it would
be had he no such proximity conflict?

Just what should or can he do?     No Antenna Prozac for his
proximity depression?

I ask this, because I have a big stick vertical and want to put
up a tower in the yard - or at least some other heavy metal
mast supports, and other vertical antennas, and do not want
to be depressed, myself !  ;-)