Re: [TowerTalk] Phased Vertical Follow-up

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Phased Vertical Follow-up
From: "larryjspammenot@teleport.com" <larryj@teleport.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2009 20:03:26 -0400 (EDT)
I've been wanting to try a pair of phased Butternut HF6V vertical antennas for
40-Meters, mounted on my garage roof. I already have them, that's why I'm
looking at Butternut. The garage is 40 feet long, so I trust there's enough
spacing for proper operation.

Looking at that Hy-Gain Engineering report for Amateur Phasing (I picked up my
copy back in the 1960's), I know any verticals should work okay, not just the
Hy-Gain ones. However, since that report and procedures info for phasing two or
three vertical antennas was written, there have been improvements to the test
procedures, computer modeling, and probably much discussion as to how best to
tackle a simple 2-antenna vertical array used for just 40-Meters. That Hy-Gain
report is given in the last four pages of the link shown earlier. I'd be
interested in any suggestions or improvements before I look at doing it as
shown in this Hy-Gain report.