Re: [TowerTalk] Phased Vertical Follow-up

To: "larryjspammenot@teleport.com" <larryj@teleport.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Phased Vertical Follow-up
From: "Dan Hearn" <n5ar@air-pipe.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2009 08:28:24 -0700
The article is in vol. 3, p37-41.  Title "Phased Verticals with Continuous
Phase Control" . I believe W6CCP has built and  used the device with 2
separate 20m beams. It uses a continuously tunable pi network with variable
L and C's, 2 ferrite core xfmrs, and 2 DPDT switches. The antenna xmsn lines
are odd multiples of 1/4 wavelength for current forcing. I have thought
about building one and may do that when the snow melts here, Hi. There is
also a very interesting article about building a 4 sqr receiving array for
160 using 20 ft long inductance loaded verticals. W7EL is one of the authors
and it was modeled using Elnec.
73, Dan, N5AR