Re: [TowerTalk] Crossover Transfer Relay

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Crossover Transfer Relay
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2009 21:49:41 -0400

jimlux wrote:
> W5KI@aol.com wrote:
>
>> Jim,
>>
>> Agree.  And thanks for your later comments about failure of one  of the
>> ABSS.
>>  Something I didn't consider for Ken, since I use a  single transfer switch
>> here (the 300-11002-2 you mentioned [below],  good to 1 Ghz.)
>>
>> Steve, W5KI
>>

> The recent reference to KK1L's switch is interesting. He uses 3 SPDT
> relays per "antenna port", which makes it fail safe, at least as far as
> not connecting two radios together accidentally.

I'm not sure of this particular circuit, but it only takes a pair of
DPDT relays to make an antenna A/B selector fail safe.  The coil for
each relay in the pair is fed through the normally closed contact of the
other relay.  So when one relay is energized the other can not be
energized.  One set of contacts for the RF and one set for the coils.

73

Roger (K8RI)