Re: [TowerTalk] Insulated Rohn 25

To: "towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Insulated Rohn 25
From: "Rudy Severns" <n6lf@arrl.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2009 10:23:12 -0700
Hello All,

Since a number of you expressed an interest, I have loaded a description of
my clamp-on current transformer to my web site, www.antennasbyn6lf.com .

There was also a question regarding insulating the base of Rohn 25G towers.
If you look at figure 10 in the above article you will see how I have done
it for my experiments.  The insulators are made up from schedule 40 and 80
PVC.  I'm not sure you would want to use that in a high power permanent
installation however.

I want to thank everyone for their kind comments on my recent scribbling but
also to warn you not to take the stuff on my web site as gospel.  I'm just
having fun fooling out in the woods and the stuff I come up with is at best
just a data point which should be viewed skeptically.

73, Rudy N6LF