Re: [TowerTalk] Vertical in pond

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Vertical in pond
From: K4SAV <RadioIR@charter.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 10:05:29 -0500
N3OX wrote: An important thing for the original poster: the lake has to
be very large
for this to work,...............

Also it has to be very deep.  Those gain numbers you got from EZNEC
assume an infinitely deep lake.  Since the depth of penetration in fresh
water is about 156 ft (independent of frequency in the HF range), unless
you live on Loch Ness those numbers are probably optimistic.

Jerry, K4SAV