Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Vertical in pond

To: <HansLG@aol.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Vertical in pond
From: "N3XX" <n3xx@charter.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 06:18:35 -0400
Years ago I used to operate mobile frequently, on 20 & 40 Mtrs.  Many times
I noticed when crossing over larger rivers, that received signal levels
would improve considerably.  I never knew if it was the water or the metal
used in construction of the bridge that caused the improvement.  When I
reached the other side of the river, received signals would drop back down.
Can't recall anyone ever commenting that my transmitted signal level
increased while crossing the river though.

73,
Tim - N3XX