Re: [TowerTalk] What model is this tower?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] What model is this tower?
From: <donovanf@starpower.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2009 09:21:16 -0400 (EDT)
Jeremy,

>From you photographs, it appears to be Rohn 45 tower, with a pier pin base
>plate.

http://www.rohnnet.com/45g-series

There are three safety issues with the guying material shown in the photo:

1. The rusty guy wire has reached the end of its safe life.

2. The three screw-in anchors are much too small for safe use on that tower.
I'm amazed that the tower didn't fall over!

3. Thimbles were not used with the guy grips, as a result the grips  have
deformed to an unsafe small diameter.  When you replace the guy grips, be sure
you purchase the proper heavy duty thimbles.

73
Frank
W3LPL