Re: [TowerTalk] CNT 400 flexible coaxial?

To: cx6vm.jorge@adinet.com.uy
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] CNT 400 flexible coaxial?
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 16:59:05 -0400

Jorge Diez - CX6VM wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am looking for a flexible coaxial better than 9913 to feed yagis antennas.
>

> I know about CNT 400, but is rigid, so I´m afraid it will brake up in the
> balun antena because of the antenna rotation. Or maybe not, someone use
> CNT400 for that directly from yagi´s balun to the radio?

CNT400 and LMR 400 are pretty much comparable although I think the CNT
is a bit more rigid based on experience between LMR250 and CNT250.  I
would use Buryflex for the rotator loops. It's rugged, flexible, and has
a very tough jacket that is slippery.   I've used LMR 400UF, which is  a
tad more flexible than the BuryFlex, BUT the jacket is a rubber like
material that easily slips against the braid, yet easily snags on
*stuff*. I had 4, 28' pigtails 144, 440, six-meters, and tribander.  In
6 years the jackets had deteriorated badly. The jackets on LMR400,
CNT-400, and Buryflex are much more rugged and are rated for 20 plus
years.  I currently use LMR-600 for feed line with BuryFlex for rotator
loops. I use CNT240 from the remote antenna switch to the 40 meter
slopers and BuryFlex from the remote switches to the 75 meter slopers.

My take on the CNT240 compared to the LMR series? I much prefer the LMR
series.  OTOH I'm probably going to replace the CNT240 with the double
shield plus foil RG8X to the 40 meter slopers.

> Any another coaxial model (that´s fit direct in a PL259) better than CNT400
> or 9913??, if flexible will be better.

I've never noticed a problem fitting LMR-400 into a pl-259.  OTOH I've
now gone to all crimp connectors although I do solder the center pin.

73

roger (K8RI)