Re: [TowerTalk] Equipment suggestions or donations

To: "Bill Aycock" <billaycock@centurytel.net>, "Marlon K. Schafer" <ooe@odessaoffice.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Equipment suggestions or donations
From: "Blake Bowers" <bbowers@mozarks.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 09:01:43 -0500
HAM Tradition, law, and mores?  Come on - just because Marlon
takes a bath once and a while, don't blame him for violating HAM rules.

(And before a hundred HAMS take offense, think about some of the
people at the last hamfest you attended)

Where in the post did he talk about breaking the law, intent to break the
law?  He did say two meter or 440 radio, but he never made one single
comment about transmitting.   I took it clearly that he was just going to
provide the technology - not the operation.

Without getting or requesting pay?  Tell that to the many HAM groups
that put in for reimbursement for operational expenses while operating
an emergency, and get it.   Tell that to the many HAM operators that
get reimbursed expenses for state sponsored exercises.

Where was the lack of knowledge about part 97?  Remember, he
NEVER said he was going to be transmitting, nor operating the radios.

Lets talk about the age old HAM tradition of Elmering - rather than calling
people out immediatly for supposed violations of tradition.  Teaching rather
than flying off the handle half cocked.

Signing your call on email?  Strictly a matter of personal preference.  I
could put down my HAM call, my GROL, my numerous commercial
licenses, my drivers license, my short size, etc.  None of those make me
any better a person than the next person.  Heck, if I was going to put
down the title that I am most proud of I would sign every post with
Grandpa.

Blake Bowers
Grandpa
Dad
Husband
Fire Chief
President of this and that organization
Commercial tower owner
Radio shop owner
KD4RME
Numerous other FCC licenses
Lots of other stuff.  (One must remember, its all just "stuff")
Don't take your organs to heaven,
heaven knows we need them down here!