[TowerTalk] 80/160 vertical

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 80/160 vertical
From: <atrampler@att.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 07:46:53 -0500
OK...slightly off-topic...so perhaps reply off-list.

My summer project for a small lot is an 80/160 vertical, using linear loading
on 160.  Think the G0BZF 40/80 vertical.

Initial plan is for 60' radiator, probably 2" OD the whole way to support the
insulators to hold the linear loading (though that really only needs to be up
to about 40') and having some top loading, perhaps 10' wires on each of the
four top guys.

Obviously I'll need some capacitance on 80.  Not sure if I'll manually or
remote switch the linear loading in and out.

My main questions surround materials...do I need 1/8" or .104" all the way
(splicec with tubing inside) or am I better off with thin wall tubing?  My
thought is heavier wall as I will be putting the insulators on it.  Also, I
would like some idea of the capacitance or range I'll likely need on 80, and
the resonant frequency of the vertical as described without linear loading (to
calculate that piece).

Again, since this is not a tower per se, please reply to atrampler@att.net.

Thanks,
Art, K0RO