Re: [TowerTalk] 80/160 vertical

To: <atrampler@att.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 80/160 vertical
From: "Scott MacKenzie" <kb0fhp@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 16:58:41 -0400
I use a 39 feet long piece of wire strung from a tree, with two 29 feet
capacitance loading at the top extended outwards.    It hangs from a tree,
and the legs of each "t" portion is out 29 feet from the base.   I have
approximately 10 radials of random lengths in random orientation.  This
works acceptably well, and was cheap to make - about $7.  While it is likely
not to be optimum performance and will in no measure beat an 80M yagi or a
four square, it performs as well as I can expect with lousy soil in
suburbia.

Scott aka KB0FHP