Re: [TowerTalk] Vertical vs Beam

To: K4SAV <RadioIR@charter.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Vertical vs Beam
From: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Date: Sun, 05 Apr 2009 13:37:37 -0400
I agree with K4SAV - with only one minor exception... considering
typical urban lot sizes, for many ham I think the cross-over band
is 40 meters.

Getting an 80 meter dipole up high enough, and long enough, is hard
to do on a typical city lot, whereas one can usually fit in a 40 meter
dipole at a reasonable height  on a typical city lot.

I would love to squeeze a half-wave 80 meter dipole on my city lot
and I will buy a big steak dinner for the guy who figures out how I
can!