[TowerTalk] Help w/ Hy-Gain TH-6

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Help w/ Hy-Gain TH-6
From: Mark Ketchell <k5er@arrl.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2009 13:17:27 -0500
I was asked to share the results of my inquiry so others on the reflector might
benefit.

For the Hy-Gain TH-6DXX, which we noted has at least three different manuals,
the pigtail wires from the BN-86 balun to the driven element are NOT provided
with the antenna, but are to be made from #12 solid wire, and are 7" in length.

The pigtail wires that run from the driven element to the beta tubes are listed
in the manual as item 86, Part # 878561. These pigtails are also made from #12
solid wire and are 6 1/2" long. They are still available from Hy-Gain(.com) at
a cost of $0.85 each (plus shipping).

It appears that several of the "older style" TH series yagi's, which used the
3/4" beta tubes, shared these same parts. Obviously, the "newer style", which
use the 1/4" beta rods on opposing sides of the boom do not require these
pigtails.

Thanks again,

Mark, K5ER