Re: [TowerTalk] Help w/ Hy-Gain TH-6

To: "'Mark, K5ER'" <k5er@arrl.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Help w/ Hy-Gain TH-6
From: "Michael Ryan" <mryan001@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 10:22:01 -0400
Mark, I have the assembly manuals for both the TH6DXX and the TH7DX.  The
detail in the " 7 " manual depicts the pigtails as item(s) #86 but does not
indicate a length. The same drawing in the " 6 " assembly manual depicts TWO
pigtails lengths, one is 6 1/2" and the other is 7".  Of the two pigtails,
the ones between the BN-86 and the DRIVEN element the lengths 6 1/2".
These are item #65.  The other is item # 64 which is the pigtail between the
beta tubes and the driven element which is the 7" length.  Hope this helps.
I have had both antennas. Though the " 6 " played well the TH7DX was
wonderful, especially in the part of the cycle when you could appreciate the
5 elements on 10 meters and how broad banded it was.  '73, Mike