Re: [TowerTalk] K9AY Antenna Question

To: "'RICHARD SOLOMON'" <w1ksz@q.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] K9AY Antenna Question
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 15:27:09 -0400
The forward "beamwidth" of the K9AY is about 150 degrees.  The real
advantage of the K9AY is the front to back ...  The K9AY does not
have a real sharp rearward null but the rear response is generally
down 15 dB or so through most of the rear half-hemisphere.  There
is probably not enough benefit in 60 degree steps to justify the
added complexity of the additional set of relays to switch the
third loop.

If you are an ARRL member, the original article should be available
on-line.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV