Re: [TowerTalk] Wood constructed tower

To: "k2vi" <k2vi@cox.net>, "towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Wood constructed tower
From: "Roger White" <rwhitetexas@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 15:51:49 -0500
Back when I became a ham, towers were kind of rare and pricey. I saw a lot
of 30 to 40 ft. telephone poles used to support beams. Even then, they were
readily available for next to nothing. Problem is how to get them up
cheaply. I know one club whose repeater is on top of a 70 ft. pole that is
very sturdy and was a pretty big diameter at the top.

Roger W5RDW
Murphy, Texas