Re: [TowerTalk] Amphenol PL259

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Amphenol PL259
From: EZ Rhino <EZRhino@fastmovers.biz>
Date: Mon, 4 May 2009 21:46:04 -0600
This topic helped me remember an unusual way of putting a pl259 on
RG8 size coax.  From K3LR's site:

http://www.k3lr.com/engineering/pl259/

Chris
KF7P

On May 4, 2009, at 20:54 , Paul Christensen wrote:

K8RI: > In all my years I have never seen any one attach a reducer like
that.

Roger, in all your years, you must have seen this procedure in the ARRL
Antenna Book and ARRL Handbook.  A sample of the the reducer
installation
diagram and process I'm referring to is exemplified here:

http://www.therfc.com/images/uhfassembly.jpg

And here on slides 9-12...

http://www.emergencyradio.ca/course/Install%20PL-259.ppt

And many other places since the inception of the PL-259 and UG
reducer.  My
first knowledge of this ireducer installtion procedure is shown in my
1958
edition of the ARRL Antenna Book and appears to be an insert from
Amphenol.
The procedure was likely published well before 1958 and has been used by
thousands of amateurs since.

Paul, W9AC