Re: [TowerTalk] US Tower

To: Alan NV8A <nv8a@att.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] US Tower
From: "Anthony W. DePrato" <wa4jqs@mikrotec.com>
Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 08:50:21 -0400
At 11:20 PM 5/10/2009, jd_hudson@comcast.net wrote:
>I called US Tower after buying a "older" TX-455 and US Tower would
>not even tell me the lengths of the cable..

I have a CZ-455HD-FS one of the old tristoe towers.. US bought them
out and their TX-455 is the same except mine was a Heavy Duty
version. wanted to replace the cable about 15 yrs ago.. this of
course was before all the lib crap. they sold me the cable ready to
go.. i drew out the cable routing before i took out the old cable. I
also tied a small rope to the old cable that i pulled thru as the old
cable came out. then used that to pull the new cable in place. note
of interest at one time they would tell you how to route the cable if
you wanted to sections to go up one at a time or both to rise at the
same time. sad to say NO MORE. It is a shame that what use to be a
very good company has became what it is today. Why not just have you
sign a release and fax back before telling you anything if they are
that worried.
73 Tony

QBE  ZUT  DE WA4JQS

ANTHONY W. (Tony) DePrato WA4JQS EXTRA - HEAVY
Since 1962
CQ DX HALL OF FAME # 35
DXCC HONOR ROLL - 340
A1-OP      FISTS  # 10573   SKCC #1227  F.O.P. LODGE 68
DXCC PHONE- DXCC CW- DXCC RTTY- DXCC MIXED-5BDXCC
DXCC  80, 40, 20, 15, 10 METERS WAC SSB WAC CW WAC RTTY WAC SAT
South Sandwich Island Dxpedition Group
CALLS HELD:
WA4JQS/ZS1, WA4JQS/KC4, WA4JQS/4K1
ZD8JQS, V31SS, VP8BZL, VP8SSI, 3Y0PI