Re: [TowerTalk] [50mhz] [Mw] TV Channels 2-6 Post Transition

To: "'James Duffey'" <JamesDuffey@comcast.net>, "'J. Gordon Beattie, Jr., W2TTT'" <w2ttt@att.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] [50mhz] [Mw] TV Channels 2-6 Post Transition
From: "Chris Boone" <Cboone@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 17 May 2009 22:39:45 -0500
AINT GONNA HAPPEN!!!

6 is not 4m....and 4 and 5 TV still have plenty of DTV assignments, AND to
correct the numbers, DTV5 has the fewest of stations left AFTER 6/12 with 4
or 5 iirc, NOT DTV 6 (which has more than 2 allocated/licensed on it..dont
know where you got that info!!! BUT its WRONG!!)..

ALSO Senior broadcast Broadcast consulting engineers (one of them former VP
of Engineer for ABC Radio) has proposed expanding the FM band down into TV 5
and 6 areas...they would have a better chance than hams.....
4? Too many TV4s left on DTV (or LP analog!) and thus 4mtrs wont be
available...also 72-76MHz is used by RC modelists and especially RC
FLYERs...nope, you DON'T want to open up that bag of worms....6 has some
channels available (actually ANY amateur frequency allowed the emissions
required, can do RC model...but the chances of a 70+ mph flying bullet
hitting someone and causing serious damage OR death keeps the 50.8-51Mhz
range empty except them (I HOPE!)..use of the 53MHz channels has been
discouraged for over a decade....but those RC guys who ARENT hams use 72/76
quite a bit and the FCC does NOT want to put a freq agile group in there or
even close!!! NO WAY

Chris
WB5ITT
Frequency Coordinator, Society of Broadcast Engineers
RC flyer since the 1970s!